I know I have been the most horrible blogger as of late, But hey whats better than writing about life, than actually living it!
I believe its now spring here, it was winter 2 days ago, but its 80 degrees so I will say spring now, see back in a week or so when its either a blizzard outside or scorching. We already have had a busy year, and I don't seeing it slowing down anytime soon. I turned 25, and I was not happy about it. I did get over it without kicking and screaming, but barely. I had an amazing surprise dinner with my closest family and friends. I am beyond blessed to have them all in my life, and I could not picture it any other way.
We have a wedding coming up, a wedding shower(for my cousin, Amanda), and a baby shower so far on the books ( and no, the baby shower is not for us) But we are grateful to get to host it for our best friends, Jeremy and Maddie.
I have been itching to plan some type of party, and couldn't think of better reasons!!
We have decided to build a patio in the backyard. Went to the home and garden show, and got wind of how much $$$ it was going to run us. Shortly we realized we are in the WRONG business. I am excited to get it started....not so excited about the elbow grease I will have to contribute, but what kind of wife would I be if I just sat back and drank wine while he did all the work? Not a very good one. BUT if he was to say "no I will do it, sit back and have a glass or bottle of wine", he would be an even more amazing husband ;)
On another note, after talking to some people, that I have utmost respect for, I find it very troubling how many people/ relationships are taken for granted. Friendships are something that should be cherished. I don't consider friendships something that come and go, they are always there, you just have to work at it. I do believe people grow apart and people change, and that new people come in your life, but if you want the friendship you will put forth the effort. If you want the person to be there for you down the road, you will make sure you are there for them now. And not just there when they need you, but genuinely involved in their life, happy for them when something good happens, and encouraging when they need it. It is a 2 way street, and a friend should be there coming or going. IF everyone treated their friendships like that, then there would be no problem, people would not feel taken advantage of. I feel blessed to have several people I can call on in a heartbeat, knowing they will pick up and come right over if I need them, and I hope they know I would do the same. Some of them I don't even talk to every day. A wise girl once told me, its quality not quantity. That couldn't be more true. I learned from this. I know I can be a better friend, sister, wife, daughter, and will be. So if anyone is reading this, try to be a better, to anyone. Ask questions, even if its "how is your week going?" get involved, plan dinners, and cookouts, or just pick up the dang phone. So much of our life is with people who are our friends. A text or phone call can change a persons day, I know because it has changed mine before.
Another thing, It bothers me that facebook is how we "keep in touch" these days. Yes I am on facebook, and yes I update facebook and like to see how everyone is doing. BUT I will not INGORE a phone call, and then talk to you on facebook. Because its not keeping in touch. Its "hey look what I am doing right now" and since when did writing on someones wall mean as much as an actual conversation?
Just think about it...everyone can stand to be a better friend. To someone, or anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment